Junior Systems Operator
Mission: Working within the IT Team, this position has the responsibility for supporting all IT tasks within the department and have a full understanding of the team dynamics.
- Communicate with other IS personnel to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to computer software and systems, internet access, hardware and peripheral equipment;
- Refer major problems or defective products to vendors/technicians;
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program;
- Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment. Inspect, test, and diagnose computer equipment and systems;
- Maintain inventory of all technology devices;
- Maintain computer networks, support server system(s), and supporting software;
- Provide network communications support;
- Maintain and upgrade hardware, software and website technical architecture related to hardware and telecommunication connectivity;
- Perform system backups;
- Provide end-user support;
- Manage user accounts, including set up, removal, and resetting passwords in order to ensure confidentiality and proper use;
- Install, configure, and modify workstations;
- Modify workstations/servers, including set up of cables, desktop computers and servers, laptops, docking stations, smartphones and printers;
- Manage network including change switches or routers configuration;
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer and servers diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support;
- Secure all backup tapes/backup servers and computer/telephone rooms;
- Educate users regarding procedures for securing Personal Identifiable Information (PII);
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong sense of customer orientation.
- High School Degree;
- Degree/Professional IT course;
- Previous experience as Systems Operator or similar.
- Excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English (mandatory);