Pine Cliffs, a Luxury Collection Resort one of the leading and award-winning Luxury and Family Resorts in Europe, is truly an exquisite hidden jewel enjoying a spectacular, prime seafront location on the amazing coastline of the Algarve, in Southern Portugal.
Pine Cliffs Resort is an all integrated resort, managed by Marriott International, through its The Luxury Collection brand, with different options of accommodation, investment opportunities and a luxurious lifestyle for the whole family.
Delivering Special Events Operations and Budgets
- Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
- Works with the events team to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
- Ensures special event space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Executes brand service initiatives in event management areas.
- Follows the event management strategy and ensures that is aligned with the company’s business strategy.
- Conduct daily walk-through of banquet floor to ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
Selling Special Events
- Attends trade shows related to the Wedding industry to represent the resort with professional demenor
- Creates and develops special event collateral, offers and packages to promote in relevant markets
- Assists in the execution of departmental goals in game plans.
- Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Coordinates and organizes annual event planners gatherings to engage and foster client relationships
- Manages special events with a 360 º approach. From the first interaction with the client until the event has been finalized.
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and wedding planners and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
- Creates and achieves the Special Events’ annual operating budget.
- Works with all areas in Special Events division to establish content and pricing.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Consults with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events.
- Reviews customer feedback data to identify service failures and provide guidance on problem resolution.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event.
- Provides performance feedback using company feedback process.
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- Important to have clear understanding (reading, written and spoken) of English and Portuguese, other language is an added value.
Apply now: email@example.com